Mac and A/UX

Steve Dussinger sdussin at daitc.daitc.mil
Tue Sep 12 06:12:53 AEST 1989

We are considering acquiring A/UX for a set of Mac systems where
I work, and several questions have come up.  Can someone out there
give me some pointers on A/UX (I don't know the first thing about it
even though I know Unix).

First, we have a reasonably large investment in Mac-OS S/W and
would like to continue to use it under A/UX.  Is this possible??

Second, are the Mac toolbox calls accessible from A/UX 'C'?? Will
I be able to build an A/UX program that contains all of the nice
User Interface toys from MacOS or will I be stuck with a character
based UI??

Also, any other information you can give me on using A/UX would be
greatly appreciated.  To save bandwidth on the network, please
Email responses to the address below. I'll sumarise if there is
enough interest.

				Thanx in advance,
					Steve....

				!		Addresses:
Steve Dussinger 		! InterNet: sdussin at daitc.daitc.mil
Systems Consultant		!	    sdussin at dgis.daitc.mil
Control Data Corporation	! ATTNet: (703) 998-3490 (w)
1800 N. Beauregard St.		!	  (703) 751-2179 (h)
Alexandria, Virginia 22304	! CServ: 76314,2342