19.2kb serial port input dies

Andy Peterman andyp at treehouse.UUCP
Fri Aug 10 16:34:08 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug9.203155.2878 at portia.Stanford.EDU> pst at ack.Stanford.EDU (Paul Traina) writes:
>I finally installed A/UX 2.0b9 and found something horrible has occured.
>The modem port drops characters when pumped at 19.2kb.  I've tried running
>uucp into it with both the (ugly) SVR2 uucp (non-hdb), and the 4.3+tahoe
>uucp (fyi, the diff's I previously published still work under 2.0).
>
>Anyone out in A/UXland experience this?  My setup is a blazer with uucp
>spoofing and compression on,  so we really are talking close to 19.2kb
>input.

Paul,

I've got a Trailblazer (an old one!) connected to the modem port
transferring data all the time (uucp mode) with no problem.  I don't think
it uses any sort of compression, and I notice a throughput of about
1200 bytes/sec (about 12KBaud).  I have had other problems with getty
complaining all the time when I dial out and also poor handshake performance,
but I'm able to live with those (sort of).

	Andy Peterman
	treehouse!andyp at gvgpsa.gvg.tek.com