MacTCP causes core dump

Darryl Marsee demarsee at gamera.cns.syr.edu
Sat Aug 4 05:36:17 AEST 1990

I'm having a large problem using MacTCP-based applications under A/UX 2.0.  Whenever I run one of these (Brown TN3270, NCSA Telnet, Apple Netnews Reader, etc), after a few minutes, I get core dumped back to the A/UX login screen.  Below are the strings I was able to pull from the core dump file:

getdomainname system call missing
netgroup.byusernetgroup.byhostinnetgr: recursive overflow
netgroupinnetgr: netgroup %s called recursively
innetgr: syntax error in /etc/netgroup
\getnetgrent: getdomainname system call missing
Cycle detected in /etc/netgroup: %s.
netgroupG| \G| \: Unknown error
xdr_string: out of memory
load_dom_binding:  malloc failure.
lntudp_create: out of memory

Anyone have any idea what's causing my problem?  I don't have any inits, other applications, or whatever running with this occurs, just vanilla A/UX.  This didn't occur under A/UX 2.0b8 or 2.0b9.  Help!

Darryl Marsee
Syracuse University
<demarsee at gamera.cns.syr.edu>