MacTCP causes core dump

Thomas L. Zimmerman zimmer at cod.NOSC.MIL
Tue Aug 7 08:13:26 AEST 1990

>From article <4118 at rodan.acs.syr.edu>, by demarsee at gamera.cns.syr.edu (Darryl Marsee):
> I'm having a large problem using MacTCP-based applications under A/UX 2.0.  Whenever I run one of these (Brown TN3270, NCSA Telnet, Apple Netnews Reader, etc), after a few minutes, I get core dumped back to the A/UX login screen.  Below are the strings I was able to pull from the core dump file:

Not sure what your problem is, but it may help in debugging to know that I
run MacX (which uses MacTCP) under A/UX 2.0 all day to access remote hosts
on my local network and have never had a problem.

--
Lee Zimmerman, Naval Ocean Systems Center, Code 421, San Diego, CA, 92152
{arpa,mil}net: zimmer at nosc.mil
uucp: {ihnp4,akgua,decvax,dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!nosc!zimmer