Optimal Partition size for AUX on 650 meg drive

Cory Kempf cory at three.mv.com
Tue Aug 14 12:07:09 AEST 1990

18215MES at MSU.BITNET writes:

>Hi Folks,
>- Posted  for a friend -

>What is the best size for an AUX partition on a 650 meg HD?

Sounds like the setup that I have now...

>He was thinking of 350 for MAC OS and 300 for AUX...

I have about 4 or 5 60 MB partitions that I keep files
an applications on under MacOS, and 2 30 MB boot partitions
(one is running 6.0.4, the other will run 7.0 when I get
it).  The rest is set up for A/UX.  I have one standard
setup, and a large second partition that I am running news
on.  (the large partition is about 150 MB or so).  Usually I
have sufficient space (expect when news pukes).  I think if
I could get news to behave on a regular basis (read: If I stop
trying to "improve" my news setup), the system would be quite
comfortable.

>He is using silverlining to partition it...

Same here.

>Will aux setup in silverlining automatically create
>swap, auto revover etc partitions? or do these need to
>be created and sized individually?

Silverlining will do it all if you let it.  If not, you
can do it yourself.  (e.g. it has a command to set up the
default A/UX paritions as they appear on an Apple HD80SC)

+C
--
Cory Kempf				I do speak for the company (sometimes).
The EnigamI Co.							603 883 2474