problems with drive partitioning

David Stoms stoms at castor.ncgia.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 13 16:43:36 AEST 1990

I'm trying to install A/UX 2.0 on a 140MB CMS drive. Natually, the CMS
driver doesn't support A/UX so I've been trying other drivers. Silver-
lining didn't seem to like my drive and the Apple SC HD program doesn't
recognize it. There is a way to hack the Apple program into thinking
my drive is an Apple drive, right?

Should I try partitioning with the Apple program (if I get it working)
or try to persuade Silverlining to accept the drive? How safe is
it to mix and match drives and drivers? Is there anything else to try
if neither of these programs can bully my drive into shape?

Josh.