Starting session delay

Me at another site jsb at althea.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 06:14:43 AEST 1990

In article <2956 at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) writes:
)When logining in under "jim", there is a HUGE delay at the "Starting
)session..." screen... I mean long! In fact, sometimes when I thing the
)thing has hung I cntrl-C out and try again.

Try ^D instead of ^C.  I've had the same problem (naturally, since my name
is jim) and decided that it's because my profile is waiting for input.
Perhaps a tset command, perhaps something else, I've been too lazy to
figure it out.  ^D convinces the request for input to go away.  Though I'd
perfer that Apple provide some other solution to this problem, I'll settle
for the workaround.  Will you?
--

		-jim (jsb at panix.UUCP)