IP over Localtalk to A/UX

Eric Dittman dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com
Thu Aug 30 03:17:51 AEST 1990

In article <44343 at apple.Apple.COM>, lantz at Apple.COM (Bob Lantz) writes:
> talley at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (James T. Talley) writes:

[Misc. questions and answered removed]

>>Do I need an Ethernet card and/or a FastPath?
>
> Yes, if you want to use TCP/IP over localtalk to A/UX.  If you want
> to use SLIP, then you need a program which supports SLIP from the
> Mac side.  A couple of these have been mentioned recently in
> comp.sys.mac.comm .

I'm interested in all this since I have a Mac IIfx, Mac Plus, and a
laser printer all connected via localtalk.  I also have a modem on
each Mac, which means I have no more serial ports to use to allow the
Plus to be used as a terminal for the IIfx running A/UX 2.0.  What I'm
looking for is the most inexpensive way to allow the current localtalk
network to be used for accessing the A/UX system from the Plus.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman at skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.