redirecting Mac I/O under A/UX 2.0

Edgar Leon edgar at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Aug 28 02:04:03 AEST 1990

Is there any way on A/UX 2.0, to automate MacOS programs by redirecting
character oriented keyboard and screen I/O to files.

My particular application is finding a way to "compile" and run a set
of student Pascal programs, with various data sets, even though the
originals were written for interactive use.  However, I am interested
in a scheme that is independent of the particular application, and can
invoke Mac applications from a shell script, supplying input from a
file and capturing the output.