Where is /mac/bin/settc?

Mike Chow mgchow at Apple.COM
Tue Aug 28 02:56:28 AEST 1990

In article <3369 at wrgate.WR.TEK.COM> herbw at midas.WR.TEK.COM (Herb Weiner) writes:
>Both the printed manuals (A/UX Command Reference Section 1) and the
>online man pages indicate that there is a settc command in /mac/bin/settc.
>Was this file distributed with the floppy or tape based systems?
>
>Can someone from Apple (or anywhere else) send me this file?  (I don't
>(yet) have annonymous FTP or dial out capability.)

Oops.  Mistake in the documentation.  For 2.0, there is no /mac/bin/settc.
Instead, use /mac/bin/setfile, which is a superset of settc.  Usage for
setfile is the same as MPW, which is as follows:

SetFile [optionI] fileI
    -a attributes           # attributes (lowercase = 0, uppercase = 1)
    -c creator              # file creator
    -d date                 # creation date (mm/dd/yy [hh:mm[:ss] [AM | PM]])
    -l h,v                  # ICON location (horizontal,vertical)
    -m date                 # modification date (mm/dd/yy [hh:mm[:ss] [AM | PM]])
    -t type                 # file type

    Note: Period (.) represents the current date and time.
    Note: The following attributes may be used with the -a option:
        L   Locked
        V   Invisible
        B   Bundle
        S   System