GNU Emacs 18.55 avail for A/UX 2.0

Ron Flax ron at afsg.apple.com
Thu Aug 2 07:16:23 AEST 1990

This is an announcement of the availability of GNU Emacs 18.55 for A/UX 2.0.

This distribution of Emacs 18.55 will compile and run on A/UX 2.0.  As
far as I know it functions as well on A/UX as any other platform it has
been ported to.. In other words it seems to work as advertised!

It is available for anonymous ftp from afsg.apple.com [192.1.34.2]
in ~ftp/pub/emacs-18.55.aux.tar.Z

I have built Emacs with the version of gcc from John Coolidge
(coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu) which is version 1.37.91 with support for gas.
It is also available in ~ftp/pub.

Emacs should also compile with the standard cc (pcc) compiler
which is included with A/UX 2.0, although I have not tried it.

This is NOT the same distribution as is available on apple.com
even when the diffs from 18.54-18.55 are applied to the apple.com emacs
distribution.  I have fixed the Makefiles to do the right thing with
respect to /lib/crtn.0, /usr/lib/shared.ld, etc.. I have added an
s-aux-2.0.h file, and have also fixed a bug in both process.c and
callproc.c which caused subprocesses to fail.

Happy Emacs'ing...

--
Ron Flax
UUCP:		..!uunet!afsg!ron
Internet:	ron at afsg.apple.com
Apple Federal Systems Group, Complex Systems