Help with MacX server.

unger at cdp.UUCP unger at cdp.UUCP
Fri Aug 24 05:30:00 AEST 1990

I need some help with the MacX (v1.0.1) X server from Apple.  I have a
Mac IIcx running a/ux 2.0 with X11 installed.  I can run the MacX
server under a/ux or on another mac under the Mac OS.  I can also run
the standard X11 server under a/ux.

The problem appears when I run mazewars using the MaxX server on either
the MaxOS or a/ux.  mazewars never receivs any key press events from
the server.  It does receive button events (on the Mac, the middle and
right button are keyboard keys).  When I run mazewars using the
standard X11 server all key press events are sent.  xterm works fine
under the MacX server.  The problem seems to be in the MacX server.

mazewars issues the following call:

        XSelectInput(dpy, mwWindow, KeyPressMask | ButtonPressMask |
                                    ButtonReleaseMask |  ExposureMask |
                                    StructureNotifyMask |
                                    FocusChangeMask);

which seems to be where it requests events from the server.

Has any one else experienced this problem?  Is there an additional request
that can be sent to the server to encourage it to send the keypress events.
Is there some configuration option that I've missed.  Or, is this a bug
in the MacX server?

Tom Unger
cdp!mitem!unger
MITEM Corp.