comp.sources.aux, apple.com (ftp & uucp), or ???

Me at another site jsb at althea.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 06:24:56 AEST 1990

In article <32333 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
)Since I've just started using A/UX, I'll be bringing over a lot of goodies
)from my other systems.  Some of these will probably end up being A/UX-specific.
)And I'm sure others have their share of interesting tools and goodies.

Among my ports to A/UX was rn, but I'm not reading this from my A/UX site.
rn worked fine (modulo uucp problems, but that's another story) on 1.1 and
even 2.0 betas.  In fact it worked fine under 2.0 until I changed my spool
disk to a Berkeley file system.  Now rn traps out in getcwd whenever the
user's home directory has an i-number (its own or some ancestor in its path
toward root) that won't fit in a short.  I asked in this group if anyone else
had this problem but got no response--probably because all those people
cannot read news due to this bug.
here before whether anyone else has had this problem
--

		-jim (jsb at panix.UUCP)