comp.sources.aux, apple.com (ftp & uucp), or ???

John Coolidge coolidge at casca.cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 3 06:36:23 AEST 1990

thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>QUESTION: is there any central repository of PD and/or freely-redistributable
>sources for such A/UX-specific contributions?

I'm maintaining an A/UX archive on wuarchive.wustl.edu. Currently it
only contains the GNU ports that I and David Berry have done; I'm
planning to start carrying a copy of every package posted to or pointed
at by postings on comp.unix.aux Real Soon Now. There is an Incoming
directory for uploads and I encourage everyone to use it.

>It seems to me that apple.com with its ftp and uucp connectivity would be a
>good start; is anyone planning to provide an incoming upload area for such
>submissions there?

Apple does have a machine for A/UX support: aux.support.apple.com. It
looks like it's set up to do exactly what you want: uucp or ftp, archives
of comp.unix.aux, pd software, and Apple's fixes to A/UX. However, it
also looks like it's just getting set up. When it gets fully up and
running, I'll mirror its contents on wuarchive.

--John