AUX DBMS recommendation?

Jeff Mann mann at intacc.uucp
Fri Aug 17 06:22:31 AEST 1990

I am looking for a multi-user DBMS that would run under AUX. Mac GUI
is not important, as it is mainly for a dialup system, so tty or vt100
(or no pre-fab interface at all) would be best. I am primarily interested
in a PD or shareware program with source so that we can develop our own
user interface (possibly using MacWorkstation), but recommendations of
low-to-medium cost commercial packages are also welcome.

One of the primary uses of this system is to allow dial-up access to a
database of a videotape library index. Since this database includes
descriptions of the tapes, an important feature is the ability to have
long fields. I have tried using awk, but the 1k field limit made it
unworkable. There is often more than one long field per record.

Please reply by mail and I will summarize to the net.

--
| Jeff Mann - Inter/Access Computer Art Centre    ...uunet!mnetor!intacc!mann |
| "I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid"      {utzoo,utgpu}!chp!intacc!mann |