translation programs that would be useful...

Steve Green steveg at umd5.umd.edu
Tue Aug 28 07:42:34 AEST 1990

In article <20450 at fs1.NISC.SRI.COM> cwilson at NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) writes:
)Working with All These Lovely Computers, I've come up with a list of
)utilities that would be highly useful, I believe...
)
)Note that these are things that I would find useful, your
)wants/needs/desires may vary..
)
)Section A:  System Dependent Stuff
)----------------------------------
)[...]
)Chooser patch to allow standard UNIX printers to be selected.

If you build the version of cap that has the native AUX ddp
under it, then you can run lwsrv to give you access to any lpr
printer.  As well, it is trivial to modify lwsrv to run qpr
and give you access to mdqs printers.

)[...]
)
)Section B:  (mostly) System Independent Stuff
)(Unix, A/UX, ergo, C code that is portable)
)
)AppleSingle/AppleDouble file utilties to allow extraction of data
)forks, resources, and whatnot from the UNIX side of the world.

fcnvt.

)[...]