weird panic

Jim Jagielski jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 2 04:19:57 AEST 1990

I've gotten this panic a few times and can't find it in the doc's...
what does it mean?

panic: ialloc:  dup alloc

I assumed that it had something to do with duplicate inodes
and trouble alloc'ing the one(s) it wanted.

PS:  Just HOW stable are these 4.2 filesystems...? Is this some
     kinda generic problem when doing a newfs on a disk, or
     was this something that "just happened"?

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
 the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."