Apple free upgrade A/UX 1.1 to A/UX 2.0 ?

Bob Lantz lantz at Apple.COM
Sat Aug 18 13:17:30 AEST 1990

ken at slhisc.uucp (Ken Stamm) writes:

>Does anyone know the details of Apple's free upgrade policy for those people
>(like me) who bought A/UX 1.1 after March 19, 1990?

>Specifically, what do I send in, and to whom?

I believe that A/UX 1.1.1 systems sold after March 19 include a special
registration card (or something like this) which you send in to Apple and
we subsequently send you the 2.0 upgrade.

Based on this group and other feedback, it appears that some folks at least
have been able to send in for their upgrade.  If you didn't get the upgrade
materials with your 1.1.1 system, and you bought it after March 19, I
would expect that your dealer should be able to get them for you.

Since I am on the A/UX development team, I haven't gone through this
experience myself, but I believe this is the correct procedure.  Good
luck, and keep trying! 2.0 is worth the upgrade. ;-)

>+ USMail: Ken Stamm			| Email:

Bob Lantz
A/UX Team