mysterious hangs

Peter Chen petechen at constance.rutgers.edu
Tue Aug 7 15:47:12 AEST 1990

Hi,
	First, I am still waiting for the manuals to come in, so I
can't RTFM.  Ok, this is the problem I am having:
	After I installed A/UX 2.0, the system hangs every once in a
while for 30 seconds to 1 minutes, which renders the system to almost
useless.  Originally, it was thought to be a network problem, but I
scrapped the idea after some experimenting by moving the machine to
other networks.
	My question: Is there anything in the kernel(or anything else,
for that matter) that has to be reconfigured?
	The system is consisted of a MacIIcx with 8 meg of RAM, 80 meg
internal harddrive, ethernet card, and partitioned with the standard
A/UX default.
	All replies are welcome, thanks in advance.

Pete