X11R4 with patch 1 on A/UX: can't get server to work

Kevin Thomas Damour damour at pawl21.pawl.rpi.edu
Tue Feb 6 06:37:28 AEST 1990

Hello,
	# This is not so bad if I don't have xcalc to use.  What is more
	# important is that the server doesn't work properly as shown when I
	# startup using the command line:
	#
	#	xinit -- /usr/bin/X11/XmacII -logo -v -screen 1 -depth 8
	#
	# What happens is the following:
	#
	# Getting interface configuration: Can't assign requested address
	#
	# Fatal server bug!
	# ioctl I_STR VIDEO_MAP_SLOT failed
	# XIO:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) on X server "#@"
      	# after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
      	# The connection was probably broken by a server shutdown or KillClient.
	#
	# Can anyone help out here?  Should I not use gcc?  This is the gcc I
	# picked up already made from apple.com.  Any help is appreciated.

I also had this problem.  After posting a message I received:

	## From peters at ginsu.apple.com Mon Jan 22 22:59:18 1990