X11R4 with patch 1 on A/UX: can't get server to work

barad at dauphine.ee.tulane.edu barad at dauphine.ee.tulane.edu
Sat Feb 3 03:16:23 AEST 1990

I've built the X11R4 distribution from MIT on a Mac II running A/UX
1.0.1 using gcc and I have the following problems:

1.xcalc doesn't compile properly as shown by excerpts from the log:

	installing in ./clients/xcalc...
	        gcc -DNOSTDHDRS -fstrength-reduce -fpcc-struct-return -O   -I../../.   -
	DmacII -DSYSV  -DIEEE -DSIGNALRETURNSINT -DXAW_BC -c math.c
	Assembler: /tmp/cca08790.s
	        aline 1605      : invalid instruction name
	        aline 1605      : syntax error
	        aline 1621      : invalid instruction name
	        aline 1621      : syntax error
	        aline 1636      : invalid instruction name
	        aline 1636      : syntax error
	*** Error code 1
	        ../.././util/scripts/bsdinst.sh -c    xcalc /usr/bin/X11
	Can't open source file ``xcalc'': No such file or directory
	*** Error code 1

This is not so bad if I don't have xcalc to use.  What is more
important is that the server doesn't work properly as shown when I
startup using the command line:

	xinit -- /usr/bin/X11/XmacII -logo -v -screen 1 -depth 8

What happens is the following:

	Getting interface configuration: Can't assign requested address

	Fatal server bug!
	ioctl I_STR VIDEO_MAP_SLOT failed
	XIO:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) on X server "#@"
	      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
	      The connection was probably broken by a server shutdown or KillClient.

Can anyone help out here?  Should I not use gcc?  This is the gcc I
picked up already made from apple.com.  Any help is appreciated.
--
Herb Barad	[Signal & Image Processing Laboratory]
		[Electrical Engineering Dept. - Tulane Univ.]
INTERNET:	barad at bourbon.ee.tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at bourbon.uucp