building new filesystem on a different drive

David J. Harr hammersslammers1 at oxy.edu
Sat Feb 10 09:02:19 AEST 1990

I bought a used copy of A/UX about six months ago, and I am tired of having
someone elses peferences, etc on the system. Is there a way to build a new
copy of A/UX from an old one so that the new one will be completely default
settings and will have no user defined prefs? I would be real appreciative
of any info (this is probably related to the question that was posted a bit
ago about copying A/UX to a new hard drive). On another note, what is the
consensus about Jan Harrington's new book on A/UX. (Jan, you can answer if
you want, but I will of course take your slight bias into account :-)). I am
interested in it because I too did not get any manuals when I bought the
copy of A/UX. Does Jan's book tell enough about the peculiarities of the
Apple implementation of Unix that using that book and the regular Unix
references, a person can get by?

 Anyway, anything anyone can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

       advaTHANKSnce

	      David