How do you print Macintosh files on a remote printer?

Darryl E. Marsee demarsee at gamera.cns.syr.edu
Wed May 9 01:11:01 AEST 1990

In article <599 at lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> orachat at seashell.seas.ucla.edu (Orachat
Chieu) writes:
>I would like to be able to print Macintosh files, such as file created
>by MacDraw, on any printer on the network.  Does anyone know how to do
>this?

First, make sure AppleTalk is running (/etc/appletalk -u).  Next do a
at_cho_prn command.  If AppleTalk is working, you should see a list of
zones to choose from.  Choose a zone, then choose a printer from that
zone.  This should allow printing from Mac applications to the chosen
printer.  Also, if this works, you can also just choose the printer
using the normal Chooser under the Apple menu instead of using at_cho_prn.

Hope this helps.

Darryl E. Marsee
Syracuse University
<demarsee at gamera.cns.syr.edu>