A/UX 2.0 and GnuEmacs

birkett at m.cs.uiuc.edu birkett at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Sun May 6 07:11:00 AEST 1990

I've recently built gnuemacs on a MacIIx running A/UX 2.0B9 and I can't
get the Interactive Inferior Shell to run correctly. When I invoke the
command (via M-x shell) the following takes place: the minibuffer responds
with Loading shell...done, but the "shell" buffer that's created does not
produce an interactive shell (csh). Instead the message "Process shell
finished" appears in the shell buffer and the mode line contains

--**-Emacs: *shell*                     (Shell: no process)----All--------

Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong during the building and install-
ation of gnuemacs would be appreciated.

BTW I obtained the sources via ftp from apple.com. Is there a more recent
version available for A/UX 2.0 anywhere?

Tom Birkett

	birkett at m.cs.uiuc.edu