non-interactive hfx?

Ronnie Killough ronniek at cs.tamu.edu
Fri May 4 10:30:14 AEST 1990

I saw someone ask this awhile back, but never saw a response.  Is there
a way to transfer files between MacOS and Unix non-interactively?  I.e.,
is there a non-interactive hfx?

Actually, the files I want to transfer are stored sort of in Apple Double
(or whatever it's called) format.  But for some reason, I can't read the
files as ASCII until I run them through hfx to MacOS format, then back
through hfx to Apple Double format in A/UX, with CR->NL marked.  There
seems to be two Apple Double formats or something is strange.  Does anyone
have some documentation or info on this?

Thanks for your help!

Ronnie