Sash & Multifinder (was Re: floppy drive)

William Roberts liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Thu May 3 03:15:03 AEST 1990

In article <90.122.01:15:39 at smurf.sub.org> urlichs at smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) writes:
>Lots of people use their Mac for MacOS work and boot with a sash floppy, sash
>being unable to run under MultiFinder and with many INITs present.

The version of Sash that comes with A/UX 1.1 runs perfectly
happily under MultiFinder, though too many INITs can still
upset it I think. We provide our Postgraduate students with
machines that run both MacOS and A/UX; Sash isn't a very big
overhead and the only nuisance is having to reboot A/UX
manually whenever it decides to reboot itself "automatically"
(this is necessary because Sash isn't a startup application on
these machines).

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  071-975 5250 (Fax: 081-980 6533)