Getting A/UX 2.0 to recognize my internal drive - HELP

Saiid Paryavi paryavi at harris.cis.ksu.edu
Wed May 9 13:21:16 AEST 1990

In article <1990May8.135019.17444 at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> paryavi at harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) writes:
>I have A/UX 2.0 running on an external drive.  When A/UX is launched, my
>internal drive's Mac OS partition shows up on the desktop, but I cannot get
>A/UX to recognize the A/UX partition on that drive.  I have tried using
>fsentry and mount to no avail.  What do I need to do?

After posting this request for help, I realized that I should provide more
detailed information as to what I am doing.  So, here it is:

I just got A/UX 2.0 on an external drive.  I formatted and partitioned
(by modifying the Apple HD Setup using ResEdit) my internal Quantum 105 hard
drive with 80 meg for A/UX and the rest for a Mac OS partition.  The A/UX
partition goes like this:

	Root & Usr   	Slice 0   (A/UX Root)

	Swap  		Slice 1   (Swap)

	Autorecovery		  (Eschatology 1)

Now, what I want to do is to hook-up this internal A/UX partition to
my external drive A/UX file system under a directory called /mine.

Would some kind person please outline the steps that I would need to go
through to perform this task?

Also, how could I backup the entire A/UX file system on the external
drive onto the internal drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Saiid Paryavi                      			CIS Department
Internet:  paryavi at harris.cis.ksu.edu			Nichols Hall, KSU