1.1 -> 2.0 update question

David Williams dlw at hpccc.HP.COM
Wed May 30 02:53:10 AEST 1990

in comp.unix.aux / hammersslammers1 at oxy.edu (David J. Harr) inquires:

>This has probably benn posted before, but ... How does one prove that one is
>eligible for an upgrade to 2.0? In other words, how does one verify the fact
>that he/she is in actuality an owner of a copy of A/UX. The reason I bring

Does anyone from Apple know who we need to contact about this? I
probably have the "Unix license" or whatever still stashed with the
tape. Do we deal directly with Apple, APDA or EEEEEEK an A/UX dealer
about getting the upgrade?

>this up is because I bought a copy of A/UX 1.1 used from the net on a pair
>of DC2000 tapes. So what are my options? I spent about 8 weeks last year

Yeah I have 1.1 (no not 1.1.1) on tape and I'd like to get 2.0 on CD-ROM.
>going around and around in circles with Apple trying to get them to admit
>the fact that I was an owner of A/UX, but it wound up as a no-go. Am I
>forever locked in with my 1.1 copy?

>Inquiring minds couldn't give a damn, but I'd like to know.

I'd like to know as well.

And by the way is the "update" CD the same as the regular release CD?
ie are they one and the same or just deltas to move a pre 2.0 system
to a 2.0 state?

Thanks,

David
       David L. Williams -- hplabs!dlw -- dlw at iag.hp.com -- 408 447-5425
             Hewlett Packard -- Information Architecture Group
                   Distributed Application Architecture
	                19046 Pruneridge Ave MS: 46G
			     Cupertino CA
                                  *