A/UX, customer interactions (flame)

John Lewis zilla at nyit.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 23:37:15 AEST 1990

Unfortunately I can basically echo the previous negative comments
r.e. trying to purchase A/UX-
  I was interested in getting version 1 about a year ago, and for
months I could find no one who could sell it to me, including our
university's apple person.  The NYC area 'apple higher ed rep' never
returned my calls...another such person said they couldn't sell it
to me for some reason I forget.  Apple gave me a list of dealers-
the nearest one at that time was in a different state (NJ), and in calling
them, they did not have AUX and did not know how much they would sell
it for, etc.

I assume things are easier at large universities... Still, A/UX is
potentially quite an exciting product for the rest of us too, and
Apple might get a few more sales if they  wanted to sell it.