A/UX Availability (was Customer Interactions)

Bob Lantz lantz at Apple.COM
Mon Nov 26 10:18:16 AEST 1990

zilla at nyit.UUCP (John Lewis) writes:

[problems in getting A/UX information and product]

>The NYC area 'apple higher ed rep' never
>returned my calls...another such person said they couldn't sell it
>to me for some reason I forget.  Apple gave me a list of dealers-
>the nearest one at that time was in a different state (NJ), and in calling
>them, they did not have AUX and did not know how much they would sell
>it for, etc.

I expect it should be easier to get A/UX and find out about it now.
However, if you still have problems getting information about Apple
products and their availability, you should call Apple's Customer
Assistance Line, (800) 776-2333.

If there isn't a dealer in your area, you can still order it from a
mail-order house (e.g. Maya Computer.)

>I assume things are easier at large universities... Still, A/UX is
>potentially quite an exciting product for the rest of us too, and
>Apple might get a few more sales if they  wanted to sell it.

;-) Write me a check. Seriously, availability (and the product itself)
have been improving consistently since A/UX's introduction, so most
people who want it should be able to get it.

Bob