some miscellaneous AUX questions

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Fri Nov 30 20:20:17 AEST 1990

Well, I don't have that problem with Cnews. So you've answered some of the
configuration questions wrong. It's hard to be sure, since the error text
you included was not very helpful (and formatted strangely), but I'd guess
offhand that you told Cnews that A/UX supports something it doesn't. It's
called timeb.h. Just tell it that A/UX doesn't have that feature and Cnews
will fake it for you.

Also, try compiling it with the -D_BSD_SOURCE switch. That will eliminate
the need for "setnewsids". (Thanks to Matthias Uhrlichs for reminding me
how I managed to do this.)

Does anyone have a good guess as to the best set of optimization switches
to use with gcc when making Cnews? I've been to lazy to experiment...

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis