AUX problems and documentation

Scott R. Allen allen at nntp-server.caltech.edu
Thu Nov 22 10:39:58 AEST 1990

Hello -

I am a new user to AUX and have some general questions that
someone might answer -- I will be extremely grateful for any
help.

First of all, there is some discussion with the people that I work
with concerning the subject of running Macintosh applications under
AUX.  They said that AUX supports Mac software written for MAC/OS.
Is this so?

If you can run MAC/OS intended software under AUX does that mean that
the software will use disk storage in the MAC/OS partition of the
disk or in the AUX partition of the disk?

If the MAC/OS software running under AUX using the AUX partition of
the disk, is it smart enough to respect the unix file/directory
permissions that are in place?

We are using AUX 2.0 with MAC X and we are 'lauching' windows to
run the mac software in.  ('lauching' is greek to me.)  We have the
system admin. documentation and programmers documentation on order
but haven't received it.  (has anyone else??)

thanks

Scott Allen