HyperCard dies except with Root login

Michael Hart hart at blackjack.dt.navy.mil
Wed Nov 14 05:39:45 AEST 1990

System: Mac IIcx running A/ux 2.something
	A/UX on an external 80MB apple drive.  Mac OS and most
	other files on internal 80MB drive.

when I log in as hart, I cannot run HyperCard.  I don't have any
known problems with any other applications.

When I double click on HC, I get the exploding window outline, then
I see HyperCard appear in the menubar, then the window outline
collapses into the multifinder icon in the menubar.

However, if I log in as root, I can run HyperCard, no problems.

Any clues?  Is this a stupid user trick?

I will gladly RTFM, if someone can give me an idea of where to start.

thanx

Michael G. Hart   hart at blackjack.dt.navy.mil /  mhart at oasys.dt.navy.mil
	I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
DISCLAIMER: the usual!