Telebit Madness

Jerry LeVan MATLEVAN at EKU
Wed Nov 14 14:46:00 AEST 1990

Hellom
I just got through attaching a Telebit T1000 to my 3B2/1000. I am have
difficulties with flow control when trying to dial in from my mac at home.
After an afternoon of fiddling, I still am having trouble with flow
control and have decided I don't have the foggiest notion of how flow
control is handled between the two systems.
I currently have S58 and S68 set to 3 (Use Xon/Xoff flowcontrol). I have
S66 set to 1 (Lock interface speed and enable flow control) and S65 is
set to 1(Xon/Xoff failsafe).
If *ANY* of the above are modified, catting a moderate size file causes
the output to turn trashy after a couple of screens. However sending an
xoff to stop the screen from scrolling (with the above settings) may or
may not stop the data flow (with my own emulator I have to hit several
xoffs and it might take 5 or 6 lines before the data stream stops.) With
versaterm pro, the screen stops scrolling immediately but the data keeps
on coming. I am calling with a Practical Periperials 2400 baud Hayes clone.
I don't have similiar problems when I call to other Practical Peripheral
modems that I have on the system or even when I call in through the ISN.
(And of course Xmodem dies a horrible death with the above settings).
I intially have the getty try to make a connextion at 9600 baud.

RTS/CTS does not seem to work at all...

I *was* thinking of buying a Telebit for home use.

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom?

Jerry
| Jerry LeVan                           | Phone:(606)-622-1931              |
| Department of Computer Science        |                                   |
| Eastern Kentucky University           | Email:matlevan at eku.bitnet         |
| Richmond Ky 40475                     |                                   |
|      "The series converges so slowly that it actually diverges."          |