SCSI tape drive (exabyte 8200) - how does one install it?

Mat Davis davism at creatures.cs.vt.edu
Sat Nov 3 01:24:12 AEST 1990

In article <PHILLIP.90Nov1233232 at eesun0.ee.adfa.oz.au> phillip at eesun0.ee.adfa.oz.au (Phillip Musumeci) writes:
>	The list of kernel modules includes SCSI devices (naturally).
>However, our default devices only includes /dev/rmt/tcNNN for the
>Apple tape cartridge.  Does anyone know what the major/minor numbers
>would be for such a tape drive's /dev/rmtN entry? Or better still, can
>anyone give me a "tried and true" list of instructions detailing how
>to setup the A/UX o/s to use such a tape drive (I am an optimist).

On a related note, are there any A/UX drivers anywhere for tape drives *other*
than the Apple one?  In particular, I have a drive (only) which uses the
DC6150 tapes (don't know the drive model, sorry), and I'd really like to get
an external cabinet, power supply, and so on so that I could connect the
drive to my A/UX machine and use it, but I'm concerned about getting drivers
for it.

I'm aware of the Teac drivers that Tony Cooper wrote (but don't know where to
get them even if I needed them); has he (or anyone else) done similar ones for
the drive I have?