SCSI tape drive (exabyte 8200) - how does one install it?

Phillip Musumeci phillip at eesun0.ee.adfa.oz.au
Fri Nov 2 00:32:32 AEST 1990

We have a PCMS tape drive that we wish to use for backups on our A/UX
boxes. Internally, this unit is an exabyte 8200 drive.  The software
supplied with the tape drive can do backups of MacOS partitions but
not of an entire "raw" disk drive, which is what I'd like to do.

Assuming that it is best to do backups under a/ux ...
	The list of kernel modules includes SCSI devices (naturally).
However, our default devices only includes /dev/rmt/tcNNN for the
Apple tape cartridge.  Does anyone know what the major/minor numbers
would be for such a tape drive's /dev/rmtN entry? Or better still, can
anyone give me a "tried and true" list of instructions detailing how
to setup the A/UX o/s to use such a tape drive (I am an optimist).

Thank you, Phillip Musumeci.
AARnet/internet: phillip at adfa.oz.au

| AARnet/Internet:  phillip at adfa.oz.au        __  /\   |
| Dr. Phillip Musumeci, Image Coding Lab.,   /  \/  \  |
| Electrical  Engineering  Department,      /        \ |
| Uni. College UNSW, ADFA, Canberra 2600.  /         / |
| ++61 6 2688191(w) ++61 6 2688443(fax)    \   __  */ <<- Canberra
|   "Give me chastity and continency,       `-'  \_/   |
|    but not yet."  St. Augustine, 'Confessions'  .    |