uucp scripts (continued)

Jerry LeVan MATLEVAN at EKU
Wed Nov 7 14:28:00 AEST 1990

Hello,
Well I solved the problem of the autobaud not echoing
characters. Recall that I have to send several <cr>'s
to get the attention of the system after I get the
connect message from the modem. Instead of sending
\r\r\r (only one of the cr's evidently get sent I
now send \r\c "" \r\c "" \r\c
It looks like the above sends one cr and expects
nothing sends another cr and expects nothing and
sends one more cr. This seems
to do the trick, the header comes flying by and I can
then negociate into the nuucp login. UUCP seems to work
OK I can uuto files to the machine without any problem.

However mail does not seem to work! I have
tried
  mail name!user and
  mailx name!user and
  rmail name!user
After I exit the mail programs, nothing happens,
no log files are created in the spool area, The phone
never goes off hook etc. Seems like the letter drops
into a black hole!

If UUCP works why does mail not work? (I am using ksh)
Any help will be appreciated!
Jerry
| Jerry LeVan                           | Phone:(606)-622-1931              |
| Department of Computer Science        |                                   |
| Eastern Kentucky University           | Email:matlevan at eku.bitnet         |
| Richmond Ky 40475                     |                                   |
|      "The series converges so slowly that it actually diverges."          |