uucp scripts (continued)

andrew.schnable schnable at cbnewsc.att.com
Thu Nov 8 08:03:14 AEST 1990

>From article <AUXPOST%90110710133097 at PUCC.BITNET>, by MATLEVAN at EKU (Jerry LeVan):
> However mail does not seem to work! I have
> tried
>   mail name!user and
> After I exit the mail programs, nothing happens,
> no log files are created in the spool area, The phone
> never goes off hook etc. Seems like the letter drops
> into a black hole!

Now the fun really begins.  Its time to start looking at your sendmail
configuration file - are you using uucp exclusively to deliver your mail?
Really fun if you don't have any documentation!  I don't know how -
but after some m4 script hacking I got mine going.

I would think that a basic thing like getting mail and uucp going would
be in the basic AUX documentation - but it isn't. Enjoy.

a.schnable at att.com