error compiling gnuplot

Patrick Hayes Patrick.Hayes at cediag.bull.fr
Tue Nov 6 03:21:58 AEST 1990

In article <4274 at lib.tmc.edu> an12365 at mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (E. Neely Atkinson) writes:
>error from cc:
>    Assembler: command.c
>            aline 2104      : FMOV instruction has illegal operands
I believe this error comes from a "bug" in the gcc you are using. The original
gcc port to A/UX could confuse a C variable and one of the register names.
Using a variable called PC could become very interesting... :-).

John Coolidge (I believe) corrected this, and his port is available on
wuarchive.wustl.edu. If memory serves me, you should retrieve the version of
gcc starting with an a (agcc-19....) -- the other is the stock gcc without the
fix.

Pat
--

| Patrick Hayes                 |  EMail :  Patrick.Hayes at cediag.bull.fr  |