What do undocumented -fstype and -prune options to find do?

Mike Cappella cappella at Apple.COM
Sat Nov 10 11:00:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov5.124512.5090 at tsa.co.uk> domo at tsa.co.uk
    (Dominic Dunlop) writes:

>Running strings across the A/UX 2.0 find command (the way one does), I
>spot two undocumented options:

>-prune	Apparently taken from  a fairly recent draft of the 1003.2 shell
>Would anybody care to elucidate?

Let's say you are trying to remove all SCCS directories within a source tree.
You would use the find command

	% find src -name SCCS -exec /bin/rm -rf {} \; -prune -print

Find will stop at an SCCS directory, execute rm -rf, and then *not* try to
progress into the directory...  Make sense?

-Mike
--
----
Mike Cappella			Internet: cappella at apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.		UUCP: {sun,voder,amdahl,decwrl}!apple!cappella
Cupertino, California		408 974-4288
A/UX Department			MS 58A