More Upgrade Price

Ryan Jorgenson ryan at amcvlsi.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 03:40:02 AEST 1990

Just another drop in the bucket....
Maybe its got something to do with us both being in the same city, but
when I started looking into the upgrade options (1.1 --> 2.0), I got the
same sort of song-and-dance from the dealers, but I got decent information
from Apple Canada's 1-800 number.  After getting the info on the upgrade,
(ALL MEDIA COSTS WERE EQUIVALENT--$595 CDN!!) I ordered the upgrade on
floppy since I have neither tape or CD-ROM, and there was no price
difference....

  I ordered the upgrade about October 4th, and of course I haven't seen
it yet....  And the dealer claims that "Apple U.S. just hasn't shipped
any to us yet..."

  So, two questions:

	1) Is apple shipping A/UX 2.0.1 yet (or whatever the dot release is
	   that is being used to support the new Mac IIsi)

	2) If everyone insists that there should be a price break on the
	   CD-ROM version of the upgrade vs Floppy, *WHY* are the
	   customers being told different?  Is Apple Canada pricing things
	   differently than Apple U.S.?

Ryan Jorgenson in (surprise!) Calgary, Alberta