More Upgrade Price

Super user root at xenlink.uucp
Fri Nov 23 13:32:40 AEST 1990

Bob,

Thank you for the reply.

You provided more information than I could get from Apple Canada.  The March
19th date was never mentioned - nor was I ever asked by anyone about when I
purchased the product.  My first call regarding the upgrade was made in late
June......

I stress I have called the Apple Canada 800 customer support line - and can give
you the names of the AU/X support people I spoke with in Toronto.  I can give
you the list of promised but never returned phone calls from Apple AU/X sup-
port here in Canada.

I did ask about the CDROM version of the upgrade - I have just purchased an
Apple CD and was told that all upgrades (media) are the same price, what gives?
Do you have any idea - how unprofessional - unsupportive this seems to the
average end user.  Is my dealer not telling the truth here - I doubt that, or
is Apple Canada doing there own thing......again it is just amazing that a
company can behave this way.  Great machine....but

At any rate Bob I except that you and your team are working hard to support
AU/X and I do not wish to beat on you - I suspect I am just one of those
USERS who fell through the cracks - and you will do better next time.  I
love my Mac - and I was thrilled at the prospect of AU/X 2.0 - 1.1.1 was
missing a few things by comparison - but I will never know.  I have no intent-
ion of spending more money on an ORPHAN as established by Apple's inability
to decide how to treat their users - me for one.

Terry Cioni in Calgary, Alberta.