MacX 1.0.1 conflicts with MacroMaker 6.0.5. Doesn't it?

Alan Mimms abm at alan.aux.apple.com
Fri Nov 2 05:33:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct31.172102.22828 at tsa.co.uk>, domo at tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) writes:
|> Having just installed the A/UX X Window System version 2 on A/UX 2.0, I
|> discover that MacX 1.0.1 conflicts with MacroMaker 6.0.5.   MacX can't
|> see MacTCP Tool when MacroMaker is installed, and during start-up,
|> warns that no clients will be able to connect because no communications
|> tools appear to be installed.

Unfortunately, MacroMaker is somehow preventing the MacTCP driver on A/UX
from being opened.  I have reported this as a bug to the A/UX Toolbox
folks.  Hopefully a future release of A/UX or MacroMaker will fix this.

|> Somebody must once have had MacX working with MacroMaker: there's a note
|> in the README file recommending that Macromaker is not used to record
|> keystroke sequences targeted at an X window (because MacroMaker does not
|> record key-up events, and X clients tend to need them).

I tried MacroMaker when MacX 1.0.1 was in beta test -- that's how this
got into the release notes.  It DOES work on MacOS 6.0.5.

|> Can anybody suggest a way around?  Tell me what I'm doing wrong?
|> Request further information that I've omitted?

I'm sorry, but there appears to be no work-around.  However, some of the
other Macintosh macro software might work better (does anyone know if
QuickKeys works on A/UX?)...

--

Alan Mimms (alan at apple.com, ...!apple!alan)   | My opinions are generally
A/UX X group                                  | pretty worthless, but