A question re: gdb and g++...

John Coolidge coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 28 04:20:34 AEST 1990

flax at Mizar.DoCS.UU.SE (Jonas Flygare) writes:
>I just downloaded the new gdb from wuarchive. Nice work! But.. (You
>could see this
>coming, right... :-) info methods isn't implemented, and I'd really like
>to be able to
>do some serious g++ debugging.. I tried getting the sources, but
>couldn't make head or
>tails of which #if 0 to check.. Anyone know? Or even better, is there a
>new version of gdb coming up?? :-)

I suspect there is; the version I just put out is (as are the g++ and
gcc's) a beta release. I tend to use them because 1) I want "the latest
and greatest" and 2) there are bugs in the last official releases of
each that are fixed in the new betas. Apparently both g++ and gdb are
in transition and on this pass they missed each other. I'll be
monitoring the progress of each and putting out releases as things
happen. In addition, when the next major versions of each come out I'll
leave them in the archive and track the betas (as opposed to the way
things are now where only the betas are tracked. I don't really feel
like figuring out the right patches for earlier versions as this
point :-)).

--John