Upgrade Prices.

Kristopher L. Tyra ktyra at ivc
Sun Nov 25 03:27:07 AEST 1990

In article <46755 at apple.Apple.COM> lantz at Apple.COM (Bob Lantz) writes:
>Terry,
>
>>If you have a need for Unix - buy a Sun, or some sort of Intel box and run
>>AT&T or SCO Unix - I will now do that very thing.  In my opinion A/UX besides
>>being Apple orphan (support is a joke) is over priced -bang for the buck, etc.
>
>We are working hard to provide good support.  In addition to the A/UX hotline,
>we provide support through A/UX authorized dealers, and via the Customer

I'm sorry but the the cost of the support line is highly inflated.  Besides
which I don't understand charging your customers to find your problems.  As
far as going through Apple or its reps you have a better chance of getting
to George Bush.

>Assistance line.  Additionally, Apple engineers often post to netnews.  I
>encourage you to take advantage of these resources, and call to let us know
>how you would like to see them improved.
>
>>Terry Cioni in Calgary, Alberta.
>
>Bob Lantz (in Cupertino, California.)
>A/UX Team

I am a supporter of Apple and will continue to be one.  However, Apple listen
real close, the perception is that Apple could give a flying **bleep** about
A/UX.  I say this as a service to Apple in hopes that some day someone will
listen.

Thanks

Kristopher L. Tyra
Intelligent Visual Computing, Inc.