commontex for aux

deleeuw at sonia.math.ucla.edu deleeuw at sonia.math.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 22 09:52:27 AEST 1990

I have compiled the recently posted CommonTex sources on AUX. This
gives INITEX, which seems to work fine. The compile has no problems,
except that -D_SYSV_SOURCE was needed for fileio.c. I looked at the
sources and, yes, a readible, portable, modifiable TeX ! By the way,
I used the most recent gcc from wuarchive.wustl.edu.

There is one problem, however. CommonTeX dumps the formats as core
images, which then have to be processed by undump. I do not have
an undump for A/UX, and the one distributed with Unix TeX do not
seem to work. Anybody who can help out ?

--- Jan

Jan de Leeuw
Dept Math UCLA;    7236 MSB; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA  90024-1555
		   telephone (213)-825-8525; telefax (213)-206-6673
Dept Psych UCLA;   3584 FH;  405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA  90024-1563