How Does Mail Work?

Jerry LeVan MATLEVAN at EKU
Fri Nov 9 01:39:00 AEST 1990

Hello,

I have recently set up a uucp connection to my network
at school. The uucp file transfers work fine.

When I try to send mail, nothing happens, when I look
into /usr/spool/mqueue I find the letter and a companion
file, the companion file contains a message which is
a complaint that it can't find the host.

Does this mean that I have to "configure" sendmail
(shudder...moan...) for each "uucp" connection?
My SysV machines at work "know" immediately when I
add a new uucp host an I don't have to "do" anything
extra.

Assuming I have to deal with sendmail, does anybody
have a simple "tutorial" which shows how to solve
my problem. I found the README file in /usr/lib/sendmail.cf
referentially opaque.

UUnet sent me a flyer offering T2500's for about $895.00 and
lower end models for what looked like reasonable prices.
(Telebit Modems). Do the Telebits work well with A/UX? Will
my Practical Peripherals 2400 modem cable work with the Telebits?

Do the Telebits work well at 2400 baud. (The main campus modem
pool is 2400 and less.

I also have Paul Campbell's CommCard, is it more efficient
to use a "fast" modem with the ports card?

Thanks
...Jerry
| Jerry LeVan                           | Phone:(606)-622-1931              |
| Department of Computer Science        |                                   |
| Eastern Kentucky University           | Email:matlevan at eku.bitnet         |
| Richmond Ky 40475                     |                                   |
|      "The series converges so slowly that it actually diverges."          |