A/UX 2.0 cpp barfs during Perl PL 41 make test

Dominic Dunlop domo at tsa.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 05:06:46 AEST 1990

I'm lazy.  So when, while running  make test  on Perl, patch level 41,
which I've just compiled under A/UX 2.0, I see

	comp.cpp........cc: wait returned from unrecognized child; pid
	25587
	cc: wait returned from unrecognized child; pid 25593
	ok

I immediately think of asking whether anybody else on the net has fixed
this problem.  It's not Perl that's barfing; it's /bin/cc.  And the
fault's not terminal: the results of running the preprocessor are what
Perl was expecting.  All other tests are absolutely ok.

By the way, to get Perl going under A/UX, you need to specify
``optimizer flags'' as  -O -B/usr/lib/big/  (otherwise compiler and/or
assembler tables overflow on some modules), and to add  -lposix  to the
list of libraries (otherwise rewinddir is not found).  That's all.
Pretty damned good.  Thanks, Larry.
--
Dominic Dunlop