More strangeness with talk

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Fri Nov 16 15:09:12 AEST 1990

For reasons unrelated to the problem with talk, we rebooted the system.

All of a sudden, inet.d and portmap decided they were going to work. Great.
I've rebooted the system five or six times in the last few weeks (because of
the modem troubles), why did they pick _now_ to work?

Unfortunately, talk is _still_ not working. I don't know why. It now starts
up and says something about checking for invitations on _caller's_ host.
But I am the caller, and there's only one host, this one. Of course, I can
wait forever, and it won't connect with the person I'm trying to talk to.
What's going on???

Thanks in advance (I'm being optimistic...)
---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis