A/UX 2.0 / LocalTalk problem

David Gutierrez drg at mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu
Sat Oct 13 02:38:09 AEST 1990

Yesterday I posted a message about A/UX not finding AppleShare servers
over LocalTalk. Today I got the following message from Apple.

*****************

There is a problem with the ddp driver in A/UX 2.0.
The problem is that the A/UX LocalTalk can't see zones across bridges or
routers when the network numbers are low number (ie < 100)..
There is a patch for this in the aux.support.apple.com file server
and if you have problems getting the file send me mail and I will send
it to you. Also if that is not what you need please let me know and
I will se waht I can get for you.

Hope this helps

Antonio Ordonez                                       amdahl \
Technical Communications/Direct Response Center   pyramid!sun -
apple!antonio
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010                   decwrl /

This is pretty good response time. Apple does seem to be trying hard to
give support for A/UX. Keep it up!

David Gutierrez
drg at mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard